OTC recently released the 6669 harmonic balancer puller kit, designed for removing the harmonic balancer in tight engine compartments without removing the radiator. The new kit contains a 3-jaw puller, four lengths of rods, a forcing screw with a 3/8-inch internal square, a 3/4-inch external hex, as well as an extra set of jaws for additional applications.
To better support technicians in repairing a wider range of domestic and foreign vehicles, the puller kit is compatible with a large variety of major OEM engines including vehicles from Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, Mitsubishi, Saab and Volkswagen.
OTC 6669 Compatibility:
- GM 2000 Generation III 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L 6.0L, and 8.1L V8s
- Cadillac 4.5, 4.6, and 4.9L V8s beginning in 1988
- Chevrolet trucks 2003-later 4.2L I6, 2004-current 3.5L I5; 2005-current 2.8L I4
- Chrysler engines from 1990-later, including 2.0L, 2.4L-cyl; plus 2.5L, 2.7L, 3.3L, 3.5L, and 3.8L V6s
- Ford 1995-later V8 engines with 3 spoke pressed on damper
- Mitsubishi Eclipse 1995-1999 2.0L DOHC non-turbo
- Saab 9-7X: 2005 – 2009 4.2L, 5.3L, 6.0L
- Volkswagen Routan: 2009 – 2010 4.0L
OTC’s new kit is available now through OTC distribution partners and resellers. For more information on OTC specialty tools and equipment, visit www.OTCTools.com.