Dana Incorporated has introduced a line of aftermarket Dana axles and Spicer drivetrain components for the new Jeep Gladiator (JT). The line of axle upgrades includes Ultimate Dana 60 front- and rear-axles, as well as Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK front axles. The company also offers Spicer nickel chromoly axle shafts, extended service ball joints, ultimate performance driveshafts, nodular iron differential covers, blue-coated corrosion-resistant u-joints, and Spicer ring and pinion gear sets.
“Dana’s driveline technologies are manufactured to tackle extreme conditions and the tough, off-road performance needs of vehicles like the Jeep Gladiator,” said Bill Nunnery, senior director of sales, marketing, and customer service for the Dana Aftermarket Group. “Dana has been associated with the Jeep vehicle since it was first introduced more than 75 years ago, and we are proud to support the launch of the new Gladiator model with our Dana and Spicer drivetrain upgrades specifically designed to complement this great addition to the Jeep family.”
Ultimate Dana 60 Front And Rear Axles For Off-Road Enthusiasts
The Ultimate Dana 60 axles are engineered to be a direct-fit, bolt-in solution for the front and rear axles on the JeepGladiator. Ultimate Dana 60 rear axles can withstand the punishment of extreme off-roading. They are available in 3.73, 4.10, 4.88, and 5.38 ratios. Both front and rear axles feature:
- Spicer 35 spline SAE-4340 nickel chromoly steel axle shafts;
- high-strength, heavy-gauge brackets;
- high-clearance carrier with ribbed housing design;
- an Eaton ELocker or ARB AirLocker;
- heavy-duty 8×6.5″ wheel-bolt pattern;
- nodular iron differential cover with protective ribbing;
- genuine, made in the USA, Spicer ring and pinion gears;
- Spicer 1350 strap-style, half-round end yoke; and
- upgraded, heavy-duty brakes with massive vented rotors and dual-piston calipers.
Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK Front Axles
The Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK front axles are bolt-in replacement upgrades for front axles on the Jeep Gladiator. They are available in 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, and 5.38 ratios to accommodate different tire sizes. The axles feature:
- SAE 4340 chromoly axle shafts;
- 1/4-inch thick steel mounting brackets;
- a high clearance carrier design with 1/2-inch increased ground clearance;
- nodular iron differential cover, with extra ribbing for strength and rigidity;
- a 9.5 mm thick axle tube;
- upgraded Spicer 1410 u-joints;
- direct bolt-in axle assembly so that original-equipment components can be used; and
- original equipment electronic differential lock assembly.
Spicer Nickel Chromoly Axle Shafts
The Spicer nickel chromoly axle shafts provide even greater strength for confidence on the trail, and:
- are engineered to exceed OE standards and meet the exacting demands of off-road enthusiasts;
- use SAE-4340 nickel chromoly steel construction to ensure ideal hardness throughout the part;
- utilize a rigorous heat treatment processes for maximum durability; and
- offer the same surface hardness and case hardness while achieving higher core hardness.
Extended Service Ball Joint Kit
Dana’s genuine Spicer ball joints are a metal-on-metal design and include a grease zerk for serviceability and extended life. Our new ball joint kit includes one upper and one lower ball joint, nuts, and cotter pins – everything needed to service the front left or front right of the Jeep Gladiator. The kit is ideal for use with larger rims and tires.
Spicer Driveshafts for Ultimate Performance
Spicer 1350 series driveshafts are engineered as a direct bolt-in solution that deliver increased strength, and feature several upgrades designed for added durability on the trail. The driveshafts feature Spicer LifeSeries 1350 “lube for life” universal joints.
Spicer Nodular Iron Performance Differential Cover
Dana’s performance differential covers are engineered for greater housing rigidity. Manufactured from high-strength nodular iron, Spicer performance differential covers are built with ribbing to protect differential components from off-road hazards.
Spicer Blue-Coated Performance U-Joints
Spicer blue-coated performance u-joints are coated with a high-performance, high-durability blue coating for corrosion protection and have been durability tested using a 45-hour mud bath to simulate harsh road conditions.
Spicer Ring And Pinion Gearing
Spicer gearing offers easy set-up, a quieter ride, and a lifespan up to double that of non-genuine parts. The surface treatment on Spicer ring and pinion gearing creates a quieter gear, and highly sophisticated manufacturing processes mean that Spicergears usually set up with a proper pattern on the first attempt.