2006 GS300; 2007-2011 GS350/GS450H/GS460; 2006-2007 GS430; 2006-2010 IS F, IS250, IS250C, IS350, IS350C
Some Lexus vehicles may exhibit an intermittent non-binding notchy steering feel and/or the steering wheel will not smoothly self-center when driving at highway speeds. This condition may occur when changing lanes or when coming out of long, sweeping turns at highway speeds. Please use the following repair procedure to address this condition.
1. Conduct a road test to verify the steering feel condition.
Did the steering exhibit an intermittent non-binding notchy steering feeling and/or steering wheel does not self-center condition when driving at highway speeds?
• YES – This TSB DOES apply. Go to step 2 for power steering gear assembly replacement.
• NO – This TSIB does NOT apply. Refer to the applicable repair manual for diagnosis.
2. Remove the power steering gear assembly.
3. Degrease the tie rod ends EPS spline and cross member to EPS bolt contact surface. NOTE: Failure to degrease these components will prevent the proper amount of torque from being applied to their related attachment hardware.
4. Install the new power steering gear assembly.
5. Inspect and adjust wheel alignment.
6. Initialize the rotation angle sensor and calibrate the torque sensor zero point.
7. After the repair is complete, road test the vehicle to confirm the notchy steering feel condition is no longer present.
Courtesy of ALLDATA