On May 14, 1910 when Taft was President and Halley’s comet lit the sky, Robert D. Hickok, a watchmaker by trade, began the Hickok Electrical Instrument Company in a small building behind his home in Atlanta, GA.
One hundred years later, the company now known as Hickok Incorporated, proudly celebrated its 100-year anniversary with an open house at its headquarters in Cleveland, OH.
“We are here today,” Robert L. Bauman, president and CEO of the company, said to the large group of attendees, “because of the dedication, innovation, and perseverance of the employees of this company throughout the past one hundred years.”
Bauman, confident in the company and its employees, went on to say “Hickok is fully committed to providing innovative, quality American designed and manufactured diagnostic equipment for years to come.”
When the company was relocated in 1914 to its present location in Cleveland, OH, Hickok was known for designing and manufacturing quality electrical measuring instruments. However, as the technologies of the world changed, the company branched out into a variety of different areas.
Today, in addition to being a leader in fuel injection technology diagnostics, Hickok also provides products and services for the automotive, emissions testing, locomotive, and aircraft industries. This includes the development, manufacture and marketing of electronic and non-electronic automotive diagnostic products used for repair and emission testing. The company also develops and manufactures indicating instruments for aircraft, locomotive and general industrial applications.
In addition to its headquarters in Ohio, Hickok also operates a manufacturing facility in Greenwood, MS.
For information on products offered by Hickok, visit http://www.hickok-inc.com/.