For the 11th year, Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper has awarded scholarships to members and/or their children to assist in their post-high school education, demonstrating that education is a top priority with the aftermarket giant. Since the college scholarship program began, Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper has dedicated more than $175,000 to helping their members continue their education. This year, 33 students each received $500 to use at the school of their choice.
Students seeking a scholarship were required to write a 200-word essay on “What I hope to accomplish through my post-high school graduation.” Applicants must have completed high school to be considered for the $500 scholarship, which will be paid to the recipient’s trade school, college or university of choice for the fall 2007 semester.
The U.S. Census Bureau statistics state that people with a bachelor’s degree earn nearly twice as much on average than those with only a high school diploma. But the cost of continuing education can be daunting. According to USAToday, for academic year 2006-07, the average cost of tuition, room and board at a public university was $12,796; for a private school, the total averaged $30,367.
“Educational costs are rising dramatically every year. It becomes more and more difficult to get a post-high school education. Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper is committed to helping our members be successful and we believe by offering these college scholarships we do our small part in assisting them reach their educational goals,” said Steve Marks, senior vice president of marketing/advertising for Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper.
The 2007 Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper college scholarship recipients are:
Parts Store recipients:
· Chad Eldred, Auto Value
· Kathleen Jensen, Auto Value – St. Cloud
· Greg Allen, Auto Value of Ithaca
· Christine Henderson, Ty’s Auto Parts & Service
· Jonathan Nykamp, Auto Value Portage
· Nikki Kurisu, Standard Motors & Marine Supplies
· Kevin Blake Newton, Auto Value Southwest
· Nicholas Wall, Auto Machinery
· Raymond Smith II, Great Northern Auto & Truck
· Jyssaka O’Connell, Bumper to Bumper
· Joshua Cook, Arnold Motor Supply
· Hannah Harclerode, Arnold Motor Supply
· Brandt Egerter, Bumper to Bumper
· Sarah Evans, Evans Auto Parts
· Alisha Marie Wewers, Crow-Burlingame #56
· Lia Marin, Carley Bearing and Auto
· Jenna Mobley, Driskell Auto Parts
Certified Service Center recipients:
· Ashley Bauer, Fyler Auto Repair
· Mehgan Shaw, Auto Electric Service Regina
· Samantha Skarlupka, Skarlupka Service
· Alexandra Andler, Don’s Garage
· Danielle Gray, Oriole Automotive
· Michelle Mason, Steve’s Repair & Radiator
· Angi Semler, C&M Auto Service
· Robert Edward Tolzien, Tolzien’s Auto Service
· Carrie Weber, Weber Automotive Service
· John Roy, Mike Roy Automotive
· Brittany Meadors, Kenny’s Auto Service
· Melissa Mroz, Grow’s Truck Service
· Kelly Freeborn, J&B Auto Repair
· Matthew Smallwood, Edgewood Garage
· Ellen Williams, Twin Oaks Automotive
· Ashton Mack, Mack’s Auto-Tech
For additional information, visit www.800autotalk.com.