As part of its ongoing commitment to keeping independent aftermarket technicians up-to-date in the latest vehicle technologies, ACDelco is launching six new online seminars. The web-based courses are less than three hours long, and there are no enrollment prerequisites.
• 2.8L Duramax Diesel Engines (S-EP08-84.01WBT): This course presents a description of the 2.8L Duramax diesel engine – available in the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon midsize pickups – and includes a detailed overview of the engine’s applications and specifications. The course also will provide a comprehensive overview of the 2.8L diesel engine components, as well as its aftertreatment system.
• Diesel Engine Performance 4 (S-EP08-86.01WBT): The content in this course covers the new generation of diesel aftertreatment systems. The course will provide a general overview of the aftertreatment system as well as cover its operation. Students will be provided in-depth information on components, sensors and the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) system.
• Body on Frame Repair (S-ST10-06.01WBT): This course covers body on frame repair, including components, processes, procedures and the appropriate service tools. Topics in the course include safety and security procedures, frame types and characteristics, as well as frame and body repair processes.
Coming Soon (Starting Dec. 1)
• 12V Stop/Start Systems 2 (S-EL06-79.01WBT): This course presents an overview of the 12VStop/Start System 2, including the three different types, how they operate, features and components. Topics include information about the benefits and the supporting automatic transmission fluid systems. Participants will acquire a sound understanding of how the 12V Stop/Start System 2 works, enabling them to service vehicles equipped with this system more effectively.
• eAssist Introduction 2 (S-EL06-77.01WBT): This course describes the eAssist battery storage system. Specific topics include the battery pack components and characteristics.
• eAssist Battery Storage Systems 2 (S-EL06-78.01WBT): This course introduces the eAssist system. Specific topics include the description and operation of the cooling systems, generator control module, high voltage monitoring system and the starter generator. The course also will examine the hybrid modes of operation.
To enroll in these or other ACDelco training courses, visit acdelcotraining.com.