ACDelco is now offering R-1234yf refrigerant, a new, environmentally friendly air conditioning refrigerant that has a 99.7 percent lower global warming potential (GWP) than R-134a.
The new ACDelco refrigerant is sold in 4.5 kg containers (No. 19260234) and is available for use in certain GM models starting with the 2013 Cadillac XTS and the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV. Other OEMs also have begun using R-1234yf refrigerant. Always refer to the underhood refrigerant label to confirm the actual refrigerant used in the vehicle.
Use of R-1234yf refrigerant in GM models requires special equipment for setup and usage including:
• R-1234yf A/C Machine (GE-50300)
• Contaminated Refrigerant Recovery Machine (GE-50957)
• Oil Injection Hose (GE-50745 and GE-50744)
• R-1234yf Flush Adapters (GE-45268-130)
• Electronic Refrigerant Leak Detector (GE-50078)
In addition, new air conditioning PAG oils are required:
• Cadillac XTS (No. 19260643)
• Spark EV (No. 88862657)