Today’s powertrain & engine management systems contain a dizzying array of sensors that provide the car’s Engine Control Unit with vital data. After attending this course, you’ll have an understanding of the various sensor technology types. You’ll also learn how properly troubleshoot the root cause of sensor failures.
This technical topic is geared for the average B and or B+ technician and/or a challenging refresher for the A technician. We’ll use real-world data and case studies to create best practices.
Key Points Covered:
- Understanding the relationship between sensor inputs & processed data
- In depth review of various sensor types & related codes
- Examine DTCs and their code set criteria in relationship to various conditions
- Building a logical approach to testing sensors
- Understanding wiring diagrams to support a proper testing road map
- Analyzing scan tool data, scope data, and sensor waveforms