WIX Filters and O’Reilly Auto Parts, partners with Tomorrow’s Tech as title sponsors for the 2015 School of the Year competition, have announced the Top 20 schools selected from 77 entrants in the U.S.
“We love seeing the next generation of technical innovators doing what they love,” said Jennifer Gibson, brand manager for WIX Filters. “These schools are shining examples of where our industry is headed and we can’t wait to see the video entries of their hard work.”
The Top 20 schools are:
Region 1 (Northeast)
• Center for Instruction, Technology & Innovation: Mexico, New York
• Assabet Valley RTHS: Marlboro, Massachusetts
• Delaware Technical Community College: Georgetown, Delaware
• Salem High School: Salem, Virginia
• Hanover Center for Trades and Technology: Mechanicsville, Virgina
Region 2 (Southeast)
• Iredell-Statesville Automotive Technology Center: Troutman, North Carolina
• Chipola College: Marianna, Florida
• Rowan Cabarrus Community College: Salisbury, North Carolina
• Tennessee College of Applied Technology: Elizabethton, Tennessee
Region 3 (Midwest)
• Ranken Technical College: St. Louis, Missouri
• Owensboro Community and Technical College: Owensboro, Kentucky
• Davison High School: Davison, Michigan
• University of Northwestern Ohio: Lima, Ohio
• McHenry County College: Crystal Lake, Illinois
• Salt Lake Community College: Sandy, Utah
• East Valley Institute of Technology: Mesa, Arizona
• South East Tech: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
• Western Technical College: El Paso, Texas
• Skagit Valley College: Mount Vernon, Washington
• Los Angeles Trade Tech College: Los Angeles, California
“Tomorrow’s Tech shares O’Reilly Auto Parts’ and WIX Filters’ support to recognize automotive schools and highlight the training of these promising auto repairers, collision specialists and heavy-duty service personnel,” said Jennifer Clements, editor of Tomorrow’s Tech, a Babcox Media publication for automotive students.
The Top 20 schools have been asked to submit a video highlighting their tech programs by Monday, Sept. 21. Judges will review the video entries and select four finalists, or one from each region. The winner will be selected from the four finalists and announced at AAPEX on Nov. 2.
The winning school will receive:
• A visit by Tomorrow’s Tech staff and program sponsors
• A $2,500 WIX Filters donation to the school’s program
• O’Reilly and WIX Filters gear
• An appearance by either the WIX or O’Reilly Auto Parts marketing unit
• Travel for the class instructor and a guest to Las Vegas to attend Babcox Media’s recognition dinner at AAPEX
Each nominated school will receive national recognition on the Tomorrow’s Tech website and print edition, as well as through social media channels. Schools that are selected to the “Final Four” will receive a professional automotive tool set and a $250 gift card from O’Reilly Auto Parts.
This is the eighth annual search to find the best technical training school in the U.S. The program is open to high schools or post-secondary schools that have a subscription to Tomorrow’s Tech.