When replacing the rear hub bearing assemblies on 1997-2001 Camrys, 2000-2002 Avalons produced before VIN 4T1BF28B#2U223623 and 1999-2002 Solaras produced before VIN 2T1##2#P#2C005335, it’s necessary to replace the O-ring.
1. Remove the rear wheel.
Torque: 103 Nm (1,050 kgf.-cm, 76 ft.-lbf.).
2. For models with disc brakes, remove the brake caliper and disc.
Torque: 47 Nm (475 kgf.-cm, 34 ft.-lbf.). Support the brake caliper securely.
3. For vehicles with drum brakes, remove the brake drum.
4. Remove the four bolts and rear axle hub.
Torque: 80 Nm (820 kgf.-cm, 59 ft.-lbf.).
5. Remove the O-ring.
Note: At the time of installation, coat the new O-ring with MP grease.
Note: Ensure that the O-ring is replaced with a new service part when installing the bearing assembly.
6. For models with drum brakes, remove the bolt and disconnect the flexible hose from the shock absorber. Support the backing plate securely.
Torque: 29 Nm (300 kgf.-cm, 22 ft.-lbf.).
7. With ABS, remove the ABS speed sensor.
Torque: 8.0 Nm (82 kgf.-cm, 71 in.-lbf.).
8. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Courtesy of ALLDATA.
For additional information, visit www.alldata.com.