Some customers with 2002 RX 300 models produced before VIN JTJHF10U420282430 may complain of an actuator noise and vibration originating in the engine compartment when taking off from a standing start up to about 3 mph. The noise would be similar to an ABS/TRC activation. The ABS/TRC indicator light does not illuminate during the incident and no diagnostic trouble codes will be stored.
1. Remove the front axle hub (refer to the 2002 RX 300 Repair Manual, page SA-11).
2. Remove the dust deflector. See Fig. 1.
3. Using SSTs 09316-60011 (09316-00011, 09316-00041, 09608-32010) and a hammer, install a new dust deflector. See Fig. 2.
4. Install the front axle hub in the reverse order of disassembly.
Note: Align the holes for the ABS speed sensor in the dust deflector and steering knuckle.
5. Install the new wheel speed sensor (refer to the 2002 RX 300 Repair Manual, page BR-50).
Courtesy of ALLDATA.
For additional information on ALLDATA, visit www.alldata.com.