This bulletin provides information related to the 2001 model year Sportage HVAC Mode Control Switch. On 2001 model year vehicles produced before June 29, 2000, an internal switch contact may break off. When this occurs, airflow selections cannot be made.
To correct this condition, the internal switch contact has been revised to eliminate breakage.
1. Open the cup holder, grasp the center panel assembly and pull to release the panel assembly from the retaining clips.
2. Disconnect the four HVAC control electrical connectors and remove the center panel.
3. Remove the mode control switch from the center panel by removing the two screws and knob. Discard the old switch and knob.
4. Install the new mode control switch with the two screws, then install the new knob.
5. Reconnect the four HVAC electrical connectors.
6. Reinstall the center panel to the dash.
7. Check and confirm proper HVAC mode control operation.
Courtesy of IDENTIFIX.
For additional information, visit www.identifix.com.