This bulletin provides information regarding countermeasures to the A/C magnetic clutch relay for A/C light flashing (inoperative A/C) issues on some vehicles equipped with a magnetic clutch compressor.
• 2001-’04 Camry, ECHO and Celica;
• 2002-’04 4Runner, Corolla and MR2 Spyder; and
• 2003-’04 Highlander, Matrix, Sienna and Solara.
1. Locate the A/C magnetic clutch relay.
2. Verify the part number printed on the side of the relay.
a. If the part number is 90987-02022, replace the relay with the countermeasured relay, P/N 90987-02028.
b. If the part number does not match 90987-02022, diagnose problems by referring to the Technical Information System (TIS): applicable model year and vehicle repair manual, Air Conditioning: Troubleshooting.
Note: Relays other than P/N 90987-02028 should not be used for this application.
Technical service bulletin courtesy of Mitchell 1.
For additional information, visit www.mitchell1.com.