On June 11, the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Board of Directors announced election results, with the addition of several new board members. Wade Kawasaki of the Coker Group has been elected as the chairman-elect and joins the association for the 2015-’17 term. Kawasaki fills the position previously held by Doug Evans, executive vice president of Luken Communications. Evans will begin serving his term as chairman in July.
Newly elected board members are:
• Susan Carpenter – president, JR Products
• Laurel Dasher – northeast sales manager, Powerteq
• Dan Kahn - president, Kahn Media Inc.
Re-elected board members are:
• Jim Bingham - president and CEO, Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
• Nick Gramelspacher - vice president sales and marketing, Meyer Distributing
The newly elected SEMA Board of Directors will be recognized during the SEMA Installation Gala on July 24 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. Also during the banquet, outgoing board members — Scooter Brothers of COMP Performance Group, Luanne Brown of eTool Developers, John Hotchkis of Hotchkis Performance LLC and Russell Stephens of MSD Performance — will be recognized and honored for their service and contributions to the industry. The event also will feature a special tribute to the 2015 SEMA Hall of Fame Inductees Joel Ayres, Jim Bingham and Dennis Gage.