If you’ve been debating changing your car, van or SUV’s filters because of a slow economy, here’s your chance to save. Purolator, supplier of top quality automotive filters to the North American aftermarket and OEMs, is offering four new promotional rebates that are designed to keep money in your pocket. What’s more, these rebates are available individually for oil, air, as well as cabin air filters making it easier to choose the filter you need. Rebate forms are available at www.purolatorautofilters.com under the drop down menu "Promotions" and "Special Offers."
"With the summer travel season soon to be on us, changing a vehicle’s filters should be on most vehicle owners’ automotive to-do list before they head out on the road," said Chuck Kerrigan, director of marketing for Purolator. "While fresh oil and air filters protect a car’s engine from dust and dirt, a new cabin air filter will protect the vehicle’s occupants from breathing in air that is contaminated with roadside dust pollen, soot and mold spores and even noxious gases and odors (activated charcoal filters only). Purolator’s four new rebate programs address all of these needs," Kerrigan said.
1. Purolator’s Pure As Gold (oil and air filters) promotion program offers motorists in the United States a $12 rebate on the purchase of any Purolator PureONE or Classic oil filter plus any Purolator PureONE or Classic air filter. In addition, it also offers a ‘golden bonus’ sweepstakes chance to win $500. This rebate is valid only on purchases made between May 1, 2011 and September 30, 2011, at participating retailers. Limit 2 filter rebates per household address with a maximum payout of $24 per household. The rebate forms are available from participating retailers and also online at www.purolatorautofilters.com.
2. Purolator has also introduced the oil filters "METAL WARS" promotional campaign based on the company’s filtration videos titled, "METAL WARS." These videos highlight the quality of the materials used in the manufacture of Purolator PureONE and Classic oil filters. While Purolator oil filters use steel end caps, some competitors’ products use end caps made from cardboard that can lead to leak paths allowing the dirty oil to seep into the engine. The "METAL WARS" promotion offers motorists a $3 mail-in-rebate on any Purolator PureONE oil filter and a $1.50 mail-in-rebate on any Purolator Classic oil filter purchased between April 3, 2011 and October 29, 2011. Limit 4 filter rebates per household address with a maximum payout of $12 per household. The rebate forms are available from participating retailers and also online at www.purolatorautofilters.com.
3. Purolator’s 2011 Air Filter Rebate Promotion that runs between April 3, 2011 and October 29, 2011, offers a $7 mail-in-rebate on any Purolator PureONE air filter and a $5 mail-in-rebate on any Purolator Classic air filter. A top quality air filter protects a car’s engine from harmful particles that ultimately affect the vehicle’s overall performance. Limit 2 filter rebates per household address with a maximum payout of $14 per household. The rebate forms are available from participating retailers and also online at www.purolatorautofilters.com.
4. Cabin air filters are designed to protect a vehicle’s occupants from harmful contaminants that sneak into a vehicle through the vents. Motorists who purchase any Purolator BreatheEasy cabin air filters can receive a $5 mail-in rebate on purchases made between April 3, 2011 and October 29, 2011. Limit 2 filter rebates per household address with a maximum payout of $10 per household. The rebate forms are available from participating retailers and also online at www.BreatheEasycabinfilters.com.
"Whether motorists take their car to a professional technician or prefer to work on it themselves, we believe, that those who are planning a restful vacation in this tight economy, will certainly benefit from the savings while ensuring peace of mind this campaign affords," Kerrigan said.
"Although the 2011 promotional campaign targets do-it-for me (DIFM) and do-it-yourself (DIY) motorists encouraging them to ask their repair shops to install Purolator filters at the time of service, or do it themselves, it is expected to generate considerable pull-though sales for automotive retailers and repair shops, as well," he said.
Purolator’s experience in automotive filters dates back to 1923 when it invented the first automotive oil filter. In fact, the company name Purolator is short for "Pure Oil Later." Purolator also invented the first full flow oil filter in 1943 and the first spin on oil filter in 1955.
Also, available to everyone are the Purolator PROs-a team of experts who will answer any filter-related question from anyone, free of charge, via personal e-mail. Purolator PROs can be contacted through the Purolator website at www.purolatorautofilters.com. The website also includes a wealth of information on every type of automotive filter, including online part number look up.
Purolator is a proud supporter of the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association’s Know Your Parts education and awareness campaign. This initiative promotes the importance of quality brand name aftermarket parts backed by full service suppliers, and its impact on delivering reliable products to today’s motorists. For more information visit: www.AASAKnowYourParts.org.
Purolator manufactures and supplies high quality automotive filters to the North American aftermarket and Original Equipment Manufacturers. Inventor of the automotive oil filter in 1923, Purolator has, since then, pioneered more than 40 ‘firsts’ in the filtration industry. In fact, the first automotive oil filter was called a ‘Purolator,’ short for ‘pure oil later.’ Currently, the Purolator brand has more than 2,000 part numbers for automotive, light truck and heavy-duty applications. Now part of the Bosch umbrella of automotive aftermarket products within NAFTA, Purolator’s advanced aftermarket filters include:
• PureONE and Purolator Classic oil filters;
• PureONE and Purolator Classic air filters;
• BreatheEasy cabin air filters; and
• The ‘forgotten filters,’ including transmission filters, fuel filters, breathers and PCV valves.
To learn more about Purolator filters and the filtration category, visit www.purolatorautofilters.com.
To learn more about Purolator Breathe Easy cabin air filters, visit www.BreatheEasycabinfilters.com.