OTC’s next-generation scan tool, the Encore, made its debut at AAPEX 2013 in Las Vegas. The Encore is the first Android-based scan tool for the North American market, capitalizing on the operating system’s speed, ease of use and functionality.
“Relying on more than 30 years of best-in-class OEM coverage and the Android OS, Encore is poised to be the technician’s favorite tool,” said Jim Fish, Bosch VP of Global Diagnostics. “We’ve made diagnostics easier, faster and more efficient for the technician while maintaining OTC’s commitment to data, customer support and vehicle compatibility.”
Utilizing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless capability, technicians can spend more time diagnosing and fixing vehicles without having to leave the vehicle to search for additional information.
Behind Encore’s 7” touch screen, which recognizes common device commands such as swipe and pinch, is a custom user interface with a boot time of less than 30 seconds or less. In addition to a new operating system, Encore boasts:
– Full scan functionality, including OEM Domestic, Asian and European bidirectional controls and enhanced data;
– X-Connect features AutoDetect to automatically detect and alert the technician of on-tool or web-based repair information including Identifix Direct-Hit;
– Access to popular technician forums via Wi-Fi connections;
– More than 70 embedded training videos; and
– Access to the Google Play store to download apps, music and more for a personalized diagnostics tool.