Federal-Mogul‘s National Oil Seals brand has introduced a new one-piece front axle shaft seal design that the company says permits faster, easier installation and provides superior sealing characteristics on Ford Super Duty 4×4 trucks. The new, patent-pending unitized seal (No. 710825) is available immediately through National Oil Seals distributors and jobbers.
The new National seal – engineered for Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 4×4 trucks equipped with Spicer 50 or 60 Monobeam front axles – features a one-piece design that helps provide proper axial alignment during installation to ensure trouble-free performance and longer life, the company says. The new design does not require a snap-ring and can be installed by hand.
“Our innovative new unitized National seal is ready to install right out of the box without tools and eliminates the misalignment concerns commonly associated with conventional oil seals for these applications,” said Raymond King, director of business development, sealing, Federal-Mogul Vehicle Components segment.
Key features of this new seal include:
• Advanced labyrinth path for superior exclusion of potentially damaging contaminants
• Internal thrust pad ensures proper axial alignment following installation
• Annular ribs on seal O.D. provide superior retention within bore
• Shur-Lock I.D. ribs secure seal against the shaft under all operating conditions
• Shipped complete with O-ring for a complete installation
For additional information, contact your National Oil Seals supplier or Federal-Mogul representative. To identify the correct National seal for any application, use the www.FMe-cat.com electronic catalog.