Models: Acura models with throttle-by-wire or ETCS.
Condition: If you have just cleaned the throttle body and now you’ve a fluctuating idle and code P2279 (intake air system leak), the problem could be that the system needs to relearn the new throttle plate position because the system could be operating using the old data.
Correction: To fix this problem, the PCM has to relearn the current closed throttle position.
1. Using a scan tool, select ETCS TEST or the throttle angle calibration mode.
2. Select the menu item to clear the throttle’s learned value.
3. Turn off the ignition, then turn it back on.
4. Reset the ECM/PCM and clear codes.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), or press the engine start/stop button to select the ON mode and wait 2 seconds.
6. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm (A/T in P or N, M/T in neutral) until the radiator fan comes on or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 °F (90 °C).
7. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed. NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in this 5-minute duration. Confirm there are no codes.
Courtesy of ALLDATA.