Honda Civic owners may complain that one or more of the power windows does not work or works intermittently from the power window master switch (in the driver’s door). To correct this problem, refer to the repair procedure in this Tech Tip.
2001-’05 Civic All LX and EX 4-door;
2003-’05 Civic Hybrid All; and
2001-’05 Civic GX All.
The power window master switch is faulty.
Replace the power window master switch.
1. Remove the driver’s side grip cover (See Fig. 1):
Using a trim tool, pry out the front edge of the cover to release the front clip.
Pry out along the bottom to release the lower hooks.
Pry out along the top to release the upper hooks.
Pull the cover forward to release the rear clip.
2. Disconnect the power window master switch connector. See Fig. 2.
3. Remove the two screws that attach the power window switch base to the armrest, then remove the switch base.
4. Remove the three screws, then replace the power window master switch assembly. See Fig. 3.
5. Reinstall the parts in the reverse order of removal.
6. Test the operation of all windows with the power window master switch. If any of the windows do not work correctly, continue with normal troubleshooting, and do the master switch input test:
Refer to page 22-168 of the 2001-’05 Civic Service Manual.
Courtesy of IDENTIFIX.
For additional information, visit www.identifix.com.