GearWrench has introduced four new Micrometer Torque Wrenches, expanding the number of models available in its current product line to six.
Available in four drive sizes (1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″ and 3/4″), GearWrench Micrometer Torque Wrenches are exceptionally accurate, with a tolerance of +/- 3% for clockwise tightening from 20% to 100% of their full scale. They are calibrated on test equipment complying with accuracy requirements of ASME B107.300-2010. Each torque wrench comes with a numbered certificate of calibration which records the torque wrench serial number that is etched on the beam and the torque settings at the factory.
The following GearWrench Micrometer Torque Wrenches are now available for purchase through industrial distributors nationwide:
• SKU 85060: 1/4″ Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench 30-200 in./lb.
• SKU 85061: 3/8″ Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench 30-250 in./lb.
• SKU 85062: 3/8″ Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench 10-100 ft./lb.
• SKU 85063: 1/2″ Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench 20-150 ft./lb.
• SKU 85066: 1/2″ Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench 30-250 ft./lb.
• SKU 85065: 3/4″ Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench 100-600 ft./lb.
The 1/4″ through 1/2″ drive models feature knurled anodized handles for comfort and control with the midpoint of each handle clearly marked for maximum accuracy. They also have an easy to use pull adjustment collar for changing torque settings. These models also have a new design teardrop head, sealed to keep out dirt, with a 32-tooth ratchet mechanism for strength and access. All models have two scales — a primary US scale in ft/lbs or in/lbs and a secondary metric scale in Nm — stamped on the beam and thimble collar for durability and visibility.
“We know that automotive technicians are looking for accuracy, precision and durability when it comes to torque tools,” said Jim Stewart, product manager for GearWrench. “These new Micrometer Torque Wrenches deliver against all three, making them a valuable addition to any tech’s tool arsenal.”
The six torque wrenches now available are direct substitutes for the following previous model GearWrench products:
• SKU 85050: 1/4″ Drive 30-200 in./lb.
• SKU 85051: 3/8″ Drive 25-250 in./lb.
• SKU 85052: 3/8″ Drive 10-100 ft./lb.
• SKU: 85053: 1/2″ Drive 20-250 ft./lb.
• SKU 85054: 1/2″ Drive 20-250 ft./lb.
• SKU 85055: 3/4″ Drive 100-600 ft./lb.
The new wrenches come in a blow-molded case for safe storage, include instructions and a certificate of calibration, and are covered under a limited one-year warranty. Additionally the torque wrenches can be re-calibrated or repaired using the standard GearWrench repair service. For more information, visit www.GearWrench.com.