ConocoPhillips Company, the fourth largest U.S. lubricants supplier, recently announced that ConocoPhillips Lubricants Academy has updated a wide range of both Web and classroom-style courses for ConocoPhillips lubricants marketers. Comprehensive computer modules and in-depth offsite product training courses are designed to give marketers a convenient way to continue their lubricants training, according to Harold Tucker, director of technical information and training, ConocoPhillips Commercial Lubricants.
“We developed each course so marketers can improve their knowledge of lubrication applications from beginner to intermediate," said Tucker. “Taking advantage of ConocoPhillips Lubricants Academy programs helps to ensure marketers make the best product and service recommendations possible to both their current and prospective customers.”
ConocoPhillips Lubricants Academy is currently available to marketers in three different formats:
- Computer Based Training (CBT) modules These application-specific modules were recently updated to reflect new specifications, topics and products important to ConocoPhillips lubricants marketers. These can be completed at the marketer’s leisure 24 hours a day. Eleven different modules are currently offered, including aviation engine oils, gear oils, grease, metalworking basics, passenger car motor oils, synthetic lubricants, transmission oils, base oils, natural gas engine oils, air compressor lubrication and turbine oils.
- Industrial Lubrication Training Series ConocoPhillips Lubricants Academy offers a series of intensive programs that build on one another for a comprehensive educational experience:
- Basic Products Course The Basic Products Course, which serves as a pre-requisite for the rest of the academy, takes approximately 30 hours and can be completed online at the marketer’s convenience. The nine overarching topics addressed within the course’s modules include an overview of the petroleum industry, crankcase oils, engine and lubrication fundamentals, chemistry, industrial and fleet lubrication, diesel, gasoline and refining.
- Advanced Products Course This three-day advanced course expands on the basic properties and product applications covered in the Basic Products Course. Taught in a classroom atmosphere, this comprehensive program covers more products and specific applications in order to provide participants with the knowledge to better service current and prospective customers.
- Industrial Products Course This two-week classroom course addresses how applications for specific products covered in the first two sessions can be used. Marketers in this formal training course will also learn much more about specific industries.
- Technical Products Course This intensive eight-week course expands upon the topics covered in the industrial products classes. Participants will learn much more about product engineering and testing procedures. By passing a comprehensive test at the end of the course, marketers earn a ConocoPhillips Lubricants Academy graduation certificate and become a ConocoPhillips certified Industrial Lubricant Engineers (ILE).
- Heavy-Duty Diesel Course The focal point of this unique three-day course is an engine teardown and training in oil analysis. Marketers learn how to rate engine components for wear, cleanliness and deposits and how those ratings are impacted by engine oils. The course is led by an engineer and product scientist as well as ConocoPhillips Lubricants representatives.
“The ConocoPhillips Lubricants Academy has offered the Basic and Advanced courses for almost 40 years. Since its introduction, we have constantly updated the curriculum to accommodate product and technological advancements,” said Tucker. “In 1979, the Technical Products Course material was developed using our Industrial Lubrication Engineers as Subject Matter Experts. The Industrial Products Course was then created a few years later. Looking back, every component of the academy has been created to support professionals within the industrial lubricants industry. We are very proud of our well-rounded training programs and the option for ConocoPhillips official ILE certification.”
ConocoPhillips is an integrated petroleum company with interests around the world. For more information, go to http://www.conocophillips.com.