CARQUEST Technical Institute (CTI) recently released the first in a series of hybrid courses, HYB-100 Hybrid Generic Service, available through your local CARQUEST Auto Parts store. Hybrid technologies have rapidly become the fastest growing segment of the automotive and light truck market. These systems include various strategies including electric and diesel. This course will focus on understanding the different types of systems and the critical service issues technicians will face during normal maintenance. Safety is an issue with these high-voltage systems. Be ready for these vehicles when they show up at your shop.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
– Understand different hybrid system types.
– Safely disable high-voltage systems.
– Effectively service hybrid vehicles.
– Provide quality service to hybrid vehicle owners.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Understand the Toyota, Honda and Ford hybrid systems.
– Learn to safely disconnect the high-voltage systems.
– Recognize the common failures of each hybrid system.
– Understand how to retrieve DTC’s on the different hybrid systems.
– Recognize the different PIDs available on hybrid systems.
– Learn to provide profitable service on hybrid vehicles.
– Gain confidence in diagnosing this new market sector.
– Learn about what is coming from other OE manufacturers.
– Develop diagnostic strategies for hybrid vehicle repair.
To find a Hybrid course scheduled near you, contact your local CARQUEST Auto Parts store (www.CARQUEST.com) or your CARQUEST Underhood or Undercar Sales Representative.
The mission of CARQUEST Technical Institute is to conduct world-class training for professional technicians and automotive repair facility owners through CARQUEST Auto Parts stores. This training will improve their ability to diagnose and repair today’s vehicles productively and profitably and to create an enjoyable learning experience while adhering to ASE CASE certification activity standards.
For more information, please visit www.CTITraining.org.