Apex Tool Group, one of the largest worldwide producers of hand and power tools, tool storage, drill chucks, chain and electronic soldering products, has announced the addition of a new training module on Flammable Liquids Safety to its “Safety Matters” safety improvement program for industrial facilities. The free training program is designed to help safety directors, plant managers and supervisors implement a safer working environment.
When working with flammable liquids the greatest concerns are explosion and fire – two areas that can cause extreme damage and put workers lives at risk. Over the years, standards and regulations have been updated to provide greater protection for workers in factories and plants. While work environments have dramatically improved, not all plant personnel fully understand the risks involved when handling and storing flammable liquids.
The new module in the Apex Tool Group training program provides guidance on equipment selection and additional “best practices” advice for those who deal with flammable liquids regularly. The new safety-training module features information on:
- Hazards: helps workers understand hazards associated with flammable liquids
- Storage cabinets: explains the differences between standard cabinets and flammable liquid storage cabinets
- Safety cans: describes differences between standard storage cans and safety storage cans, as well as differences between type I and type II cans
- Key industry terms: provides meaning to some of the complex terms associated with flammable liquids, from flashpoint to vapor pressure
- Safety cabinet and can selection: provides a checklist to help plant and safety managers select the most appropriate cabinets and cans for their specific application
- Proper maintenance: gives an overview of all the important maintenance tasks that should be performed regularly such as proper venting and grounding of cabinets
“When it comes to safety, you can never have enough information,” said Bill Bliss, marketing communications manager for Apex Tool Group. “At Apex Tool Group, we are deeply committed to safety and have established resources to ensure we are providing our customers and end users with the most robust training program available.”
The new safety module also includes the features and benefits of the JOBOX Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets. These cabinets went through rigorous testing and are one of the few flammable storage cabinets to earn the respected UL Listing, according to the company. The cabinets feature double wall construction, durable powder-coat paint and two-and-a-half-inch thick doors.
In addition to the flammable liquids module, there are five other modules in the Safety Matters program: Basic Hand Tool Safety, Industrial Knife Safety, Socket, Ratchet and Wrench Safety, Lifting Clamp Safety, and Striking, Struck and Prying Tools Safety. Experienced professionals from Apex Tool Group provide the in-person training, which takes approximately 30 minutes to one hour to complete. The training includes a short, high-energy video meant to involve participants in the safety discussion and reinforce important preventive procedures.
For more information about the Safety Matters training program, contact Apex Tool Group via email or through your local Apex Tool Group Industrial Products distributor.